FM INDUSTRIES®, Inc. (the “Company”) is providing you with this Notice At Collection For Applicants Residing In California (“Notice”) to inform you about:
- The categories of Personal Information that the Company collects about applicants, including individuals who join the Company’s “Talent Community,” who reside in California; and
- The purposes for which the Company uses that Personal Information.
For purposes of this Notice,
“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a natural person that the Company collects about its applicants, who reside in California, in their capacity as applicants for positions with the Company.
Assistance For Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals with a disability. Please contact CCPA@fmindustries.com for assistance.
Identifiers And Professional Or Employment-Related Information
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects identifiers and professional or employment-related information, including the following:
- Identifiers: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, and signature.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information: evaluations, membership in professional organizations, professional certifications, and employment history.
- Purposes of Use:
- To evaluate applicants’ qualifications for employment with the Company
- To communicate with applicants
- For diversity and inclusion purposes
- To arrange and manage Company-sponsored events
- To create a talent pool for future job openings
- For recordkeeping purposes
- To demonstrate applicants’ agreement to, or acceptance of, documents presented to them, e.g., pre-employment arbitration agreement, acknowledgement of employment application, offer letter
- To evaluate and improve the recruiting process
Monitoring, Security, And Compliance:
- To monitor use of Company information systems and other electronic resources
- To conduct internal audits
- To conduct internal investigations
- To protect the safety and security of the Company’s facilities
- To report suspected criminal conduct to law enforcement and cooperate in investigations
- Personal Information Categories From Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e)
- The Company collects categories of Personal Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e) (other than those already listed in “Identifiers,” above) as follows for the corresponding purposes listed below:
- Photograph and physical description: for security and internal identification purposes.
- Medical information: (a) for occupational health surveillance; (b) for occupational health and safety compliance and record-keeping; (c) to conduct fitness-for-duty examinations; and (d) to respond to an applicant’s medical emergency.
- Characteristics Of Protected Classifications Under California Or Federal Law
- The Company collects information about race, age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to government contractors), and California’s Fair Employment and Housing Act, and for purposes of diversity analytics.
- The Company also uses this Personal Information for purposes including: (a) with respect to disability and/or medical condition, as necessary, to comply with Federal and California law related to accommodation; and (b) with respect to age, incidentally to the use of birth date for identity verification.
- The Company collects this category of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where collection is required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Commercial Information
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects commercial information, including the following: records of personal property; products or services purchased, obtained, or considered; or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Purposes of Use: reimbursement of travel expenses.
- Internet Or Other Similar Network Activity
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects information about applicants’ use of the Internet or other similar network activity, including the following: publicly available social media activity.
- Purposes of Use: to conduct internal investigations.
- Personal Information Collected: The Company collects applicant preferences information, including preferred meals, seating and other travel preferences, desired working hours, and desired working conditions.
- Purposes of Use: to evaluate the application for employment and for travel and event planning.
Purposes Potentially Applicable To Any Of The Categories Of Personal Information Listed Above
The Company also may use applicants’ Personal Information to facilitate administrative functions and information technology operations and for legal reasons and corporate transactions. These functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- to manage and operate information technology and communications systems, risk management and insurance functions, budgeting, financial management and reporting, strategic planning.
- to manage litigation involving the Company, and other legal disputes and inquiries and to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- in connection with a corporate transaction, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status of the Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates; and
- to manage licenses, permits and authorizations applicable to the Company’s business operations.